Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cravings

Every once in a while in get this must have craving for a shawarma, or falafel, or both and can't decide which middle eastern bliss to order once I actually can!  I'm terrible at making decisions and more than not, wind up experiencing obsessive buyer's remorse immediately following said decision, but that's another story.  

The problem is, I am back on topic now btw, while there may be some delicious options on where to feast on these tasty delectables in the Bay Area, they are not right down the street! ...Well, at least not mine.  If you are in the same boat as me regarding the craving of such yumminess and the location of your residence, I would like to share my quick fix.

What You Need:

       

Not pictured, but also included in my home version was red onion.

Where to buy:  Most items above are easily sourced, however this Lavash I found at Safeway and the ready made Tahini Sauce I found at Trader Joes.

How to Prepare:

~Preheat oven to 350
~Mix the Tahini sauce with water to thin it to a consistency which is desirable to you \\  Scoop out the amount needed and do this in a separate bowl or pourable container like a measuring cup.  (I did doctor mine a bit with the lemon and some vinegar, but it is not necessary)
~Take a few romaine leaves at a time and slice them into thin ribbons from the top of the leaves to the bottom \\ At his time, also shave a little purple cabbage off and very thinly slice red onions
~Peel and cut cucumber in half lengthwise as pictured, then thinly slice needed amount 
~Thinly slice ripe tomato and cut slices in half after that
~Pull apart your rotisserie chicken

Next Moves: 

~Mix lettuce, cabbage, red onion with the thinned out tahini sauce \\ drench it
~Very quickly warm up the lavash in the preheated oven
~Assemble \\  Chicken, Drenched slaw, Tomato slices, Cucumber slices, A squiggle of Siracha if you 
like spice
~ Wrap that bitch (you are on your own here!) 

If you are like me, and my craving is also yours, I hope you will try this and let me know if it left you satisfied.  And if not, let's do lunch in Berkeley soon and get the fer realz shit!  Peace out.  I'm suddenly hungry.







No comments:

Post a Comment