Friday, May 10, 2013

Another $4.00 U-Turn

Dear MacArthur Maze, cluster fuck of interstate 80's, I accept that I will never confidently navigate your roads; however, today I found peace in my misguided misfortune of such. After successfully, finding my way from Point Richmond to Lafayette in the morning commute traffic, no less, I felt that the return trip to Point Richmond from said location laid in my driving prowess, as long as my 3.5 year old in the back seat remained silent (fail), and my Google Maps Bitch kept me in the know (double fail).

Aargh...play screechy record scratching back up sound bite. That's the effing Bay Bridge approach! Another $4.00 U-Turn, I must confess, it's not my first time in this predicament. Thank God for Treasure Island. Annoyed at myself, calling out self deprecating remarks and expletives, soon parroted relentlessly in the back seat, I must succumb to the fact that I suck at navigation. I take the exit into Treasure Island stressed and hungry, yes, I skipped the most important meal of the day too! When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a hot dog cart, a free, open parking space, and the below view of our beloved City by the bay.

Giovanni, my backseat passenger, and I grabbed a dog, and took in the view, as I recounted to my youngest son,that this is the spot where daddy asked mommy to marry him. Giovanni asked me to lift him up above the railing to spy more carefully this location and responded that it was a dangerous spot and maybe our feet could have gotten stuck in the rocks.

Long story short, it's not so hard to turn shit into treasure, when it's viewed from a different angle. And...I still made it on time to Volunteer at my oldest son's school walk-a-thon. Life's not so bad, even if you have to make a $4.00 U-Turn to realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment